Assistant Director â€“ Facility Operations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Assistant Director: Facility Operations
About University at Albany:Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Job Description:This position reports to the Director of Campus Recreation. Works collaboratively with departmental staff to aid the Director in developing and managing a comprehensive Campus Recreation program at the University at Albany.
1. Graduate Assistants assigned to the Facility Operational Areas
2. Functional supervision of Student Staff assigned to the Facility Operational Areas
1. Oversee the daily operation of Campus Recreation facility spaces. Supervise the Rec Manager program to include staff recruitment, selection, training, development, and payroll.
2. Oversee the daily operation of the Campus Recreation pool. Hire, supervise, and manage lifeguards.
3. Develop, implement, and review operating procedures, policies, and protocols for facility operations and risk management.
4. Oversee all indoor and outdoor facility reservations and rentals. Maintain current policies and procedures while also working to improve systems. Develop systems for efficient processing of facility and equipment requests from our constituents and process requisite event planning forms.
5. Develop recommendations for operating and personnel budgets for assigned areas. Maintaining electronic records for student staff, monitoring/ approving timesheets and managing schedules by use of Sub It Up.
6. In collaboration with departmental staff, develop, maintain, and review equipment inventory and replacement plan. Recommend equipment purchases for assigned area.
7. Serves as a liaison to campus departments, primarily Facility Management. This entails communication with custodial and maintenance staff on needs in the facility.
8. Organize student staff certifications in CPR/AED/First Aid and provide recurring safety refreshers each semester.
9. Coordinate risk management to include audit, safety and emergency procedures training, checklists, and drills with the appropriate personnel for the department.
1. Assists in establishing and implementing goals and objectives. Assists the director in monitoring the department’s strategic plan.
2. Interacts with Director and staff members regarding topics to help identify opportunities for improvement. 3. Maintains a positive relationship with other personnel and departments that assist in the development of Campus Recreation programs and services.
4. Represents the Department of Campus Recreation and The University at Albany on various committees, boards, and associations.
5. Interacts with students, faculty, and staff for the benefit of carrying out the mission of the department.
6. Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
- Master’s degree in Sports Administration, Recreation, Athletic/Recreation Administration, Physical Education, Business Administration and/or related field
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in facilities management in higher education setting
- Experience in recreation operations including facility, aquatics, and staff supervision, event planning and scheduling, and risk management in a collegiate recreation setting
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as a team player
- Member and participation in the National Intramural Recreational Sports Association(NIRSA)
- First Aid, CPR, AED instructor and lifeguard training certifications a plus
Additional Information:Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL-3The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University’s crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University’s current campus security policies. The University at Albany’s Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=59611
Application Instructions:Applicants MUST submit the following documents: • Resume • Cover letterNote: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.Returning Applicants – Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.Closing date for receipt of applications: July 9, 2015