Keys to ensure efficiency and wellness in a home office
The recent COVID-19 pandemic has affected many aspects of our lives, especially when it comes to most people’s workplaces. In order to limit the exposure of their workers to the virus, most companies have made the choice of having their workers do remote working from the safety of their own household. However, some key measures need to be taken into account if we want to make our home office just as efficient as our regular workplace office.
Remote working is not a new concept companies have come out with. Traditionally, it is a method companies would use for workers during company travels, so they could attend their tasks from a remote location like an airport, coffee shop or hotel room. But now, with the incorporation of home offices, workers can perform the same task they would do at their workplace with the comfort and flexibility their own homes bring to the table.
However, there are some important things we need to take into account when we set our own home office. The first thing we need to really look for in our home office is that it needs to have a delimited space apart from the rest of the house. Having clear limits between our home office and the rest of our household will help our mind focus on the work, since there will be a clear difference between the place where we need to be productive and the place where we can have our relax time and disconnect.
There are some elements any good home office should have:
- A decent internet connection
- An ergonomic chair
- A desk
- A stationary place where the paperwork can be put away
However, we should be aware of the type of furniture we use in our home office. We spend long periods of time in our home office doing exhausting work, so we need to make sure the furniture is both efficiently designed and good for our health.
The average working hours for an office worker tend to be around 8 hours per day. This means that you will spend long periods of time sitting at your home office desk trying to get your workload delivered.
Thankfully, companies like ACTIU are aware of this and have created the perfect line of furniture for home offices. The furniture sold by Actiu are the perfect mixture of efficiency and health. Their chairs’ ergonomic designs are specially created to adapt to your needs and do not damage your body after long hours sitting on them. And the matching desks and drawers have very slim designs.
One of the perks of the furniture lines produced by companies like Actiu, is that they come with many designs that will fit the rest of your house decoration. Among their furniture lines, we can find:
- Furniture with a contemporary design: the Nordic style furniture offered by this company will fit perfectly with most modern spaces of decoration. The design of the chairs and desks on this line offers their users a high level of comfort. And by adding an auxiliary cabinet, you will have all the space you may need for your work needs.
- Furniture with a minimalist style: in this line of furniture, less is more. The slim designs on the desks and chairs will give your home office a serene and simple look, creating a very versatile working space.
- Furniture with an industrial-style design: this line of furniture is especially adapted to be functional. Modern and simple styles meet hand in hand with this type of furniture. A good example of this would be the height-adjustable Mobility desk which would boost your concentration and productivity levels.
- Mediterranean style furniture: the light colours in this line of furniture will help you evoke the sun and warmth of the summer, making you feel more motivated and comfortable while working.